EU rules in the field of road transport no longer apply to the UK. This has the following consequences for hauliers in the different areas of road transport:
- Certificate of professional competence for road transport operators and transport managers.
- Driver attestation for third-country drivers.
- Certificate of professional competence for drivers.
- Driving licence – UK licences will no longer be automatically valid within the EU. The provisions of the 1949 Geneva Convention will apply for those EU countries that have recognised the Convention.
- The international carriage of goods in the EU is subject to possession of a Community licence, in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1072/2009. Hauliers established in the United Kingdom, therefore, will no longer have access to the internal road haulage market in the EU.